Do you Twitter?
How do you use it?
I tweet. If you don’t–or don’t want to–you might could use to stop reading at this point. (oh stop. I don’t talk like that, I just WRITE like that. sometimes. It’s my husband’s fault. He’s from the land of “might-could”, you know.).
I tweet less now than I used to, but I still tweet. There is SO MUCH to take in on Twitter. I use TweetDeck–anybody else? And I use the columns function to follow some pretty important topics (to me).
Everyone uses Twitter differently. Very differently. How I use Twitter is not how anyone else should use Twitter. I don’t judge or mean to suggest. But I’m always curious as to what topics other parents follow on Twitter. So, here is a list of topics I follow on Twitter:
1. the hashtag of my kid’s disease
2. the hashtag with “fuck” my kid’s disease (i.e. #fuckSMA) (we are a passionate group)
3. #Coyotes. Because I am an ardent follower of my hometown hockey team. They rock my casbah.
4. #Canucks. Because nationality be damned I am a lover of my Vancouver Canucks and nobody can stop me. Not even Roberto Luongo. (rimshot)
5. #RedWings Because I really REALLY like the watching the Detroit Red Wings but nobody has to know because my TweetDeck columns are not publicized. What? Now wait a minute… No! NO! YOU show me another team with The Perfect Human at the helm and THEN we can argue this one!!
6. Gene Therapy. Because there are so many clinical trials featuring gene therapy. I have so many loved ones dealing with Parkinson’s, diabetes, and muscular dystrophy that following this hashtag has proven valuable over and over again. Gene therapy is where it’s at, folks.
7. #stemcell. Amazing work being done in regards to stem cell research and therapy. Even if the work won’t save my own kids, the science is still amazeballs. I’m hooked.
8. #meatlessmonday Because yesterday was Monday. Also I don’t eat meat. Also I need meatless recipes. A girl’s gotta eat, you know.
9. #twintuesday Because obviously.
10. #raredisease Because it’s wonderful to see what research and fundraisers are happening in the broad community of rare diseases.
11. #specialneeds Because it’s amazing to connect with other tweeters and bloggers who are raising non-typical children, if you’re a parent of a non-typical child.
12. #blogher11 Because I’m going. Are you? Please say yes. I want to meet as many people there as I can!
My TweetDeck might very well be the hardest working of all my technologies. What say YOU, dear readers?